The Valley of Ashes

12.26.2009

Thinking of her...

thinking on the day, sitting at home
not knowing what to say but picking up the phone
dial tone erased by numbers dialed at a rapid pace
my love, my love, today we're going to the beach
to see seashells sunken into the shore
it reminds me how your love resonates in my heart for sure
the waves pull in and out, but never really leaves its place
like how memories of you flow when I can't see your face
but I replace my temporary sadness with joy as soon as you state
your love, gravity like how it holds me down
it only produces a frown when I have to let you go
my love, my love, today we're going to the beach
and I'm going teach you hold to the horizon in your hand
so that you can feel the way I do when I hold you in mines
like sunshine in my soul, true beauty in my eyesight
learning how to keep you forever seems to be my only plight
but my love, my love, we're going to the beach
so lets push our problems to the side
enjoy the ride as the sun sets over us by the sand
know that I will always be there as I hold your hand
my love, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment